We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just one drop in the ocean, but the ocean would be less because of that one drop.

Mother Teresa

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Can I just say how BLOWN AWAY I am by everyone's support!!!!

You all are awesome!
Thank you for loving these kids, these woman, this orphanage, this country!!!!!

Today I received an e-mail from a family that has pledged to MATCH ALL DONATIONS UP TO TWELVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!!! Did not see that coming! Now, although that technically means my goal of 1200. is now reached, please see that now we have the opportunity to raise 2400.!!!!!! That's a lot of love!!!!

Before I committed to this idea of running and fundraising I prayed a lot. A lot. "God, can I do this?"," God do you want me to do this?"," God, will I actually raise any money?" I believed He was saying " yes, go ahead", but I never got a clear and "you will succeed".
Who the heck wants to go before a ton of people with an idea and fail miserably? Not me! So I did what comes all too naturally to me. I procrastinated. I was still running, but I knew until I created this blog I could always back out. I looked for every excuse I could to not do this.
My knee started to hurt.
My hamstring became extremely tight.
It was taking too much time away from my family.
I could barely run 7mi. one day, it felt laughable that I'd ever run 26.2( a bad run will really play a mind game with you).
The excuses kept coming.
Then, one day, louder then the reasons not to, came the reason to. God called me to this. It doesn't matter the outcome, it only matters that I obey. Trust and obey.
With faith I created the blog. With faith I've put myself out there. Determined" to not worry about tomorrow".

Imagine my amazement when just two days into this I can say I have already met my goal!!! Because of you being willing to listen to Gods gentle urging in your hearts, WE CAN GET ANOTHER CAREGIVER FOR TWO YEARS!!!!!!!

What do we do now? Well, I still have to run of course. And you can STILL CONTINUE TO DONATE!!!! Clearly God has a plan here! Just by reading this YOU are a part of His plan. More money means more years of caregivers sponsored. Perhaps it will mean more caregivers. Lets cross that bridge when we come to it. I hope we come to it! Sadly, there will always be children living in the orphange. That means there will always be a need for caregivers.
Please continue to share my post with people. Think about donating yourself, if you haven't already. Remember it doesn't have to be a lot. The smallest amount makes a difference. You can make a difference.
I'm soooooooo excited!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl. I'm awed by what God is doing in you and through you. Keep running! love Lora

    ReplyDelete